Business Analysts can propel themselves into several progressive career options:
- Senior Business Analyst, leading a team of BAs and contributing to the Requirements Management, Planning and Monitoring in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Business Architect, contributing to the enterprise-wide engineering of software systems with the responsibility of creating the vision for efficient IT systems and planning multi-year road-maps.
- Release Manager, overseeing the overall communication across cross-functional teams and managing risks of the project and responsible for the success of each software release
- Project/Product Manager, managing resources, budget and timeline, responsible for the entire project or product
- SCRUM Master, leading the effort to ensure that an organization embraces the principles of the SCRUM framework in Agile projects
- Product Owner, devoted to shaping up high quality products for Agile SCRUM projects
Once you have become an accomplished BA, you can also pursue the CCBA and/or the CBAP certifications.